Friday, October 12, 2012

Mingling with the KCWC crowd: Sophie aka Cirque Du Bebe




The stuff she sew for her boys is always amazing. I've been known to sit and wait, nervously hitting the f5 button on my computer to see what her next entry for KCWC will be. And here she is now, mingling with us.


Why do you do KCWC? 

I love the buzz around KCWC and the sense of community. It's a great time to discover new blogs and generally be inspired by everyone's creativity! I think its really nice to have a bi-yearly event like KCWC to bring all these talented sewing mamas together to sew with a purpose.

How many times did you participate till now? 

I think this is my fourth time...

Were you ever featured on Elsie Marley blog during the challenge? 

I've been featured a couple of times and it's a pretty amazing feeling. Sewing thrills all the way!



Favorite KCWC project you've done:

My favourite project is probably the 'be friendly to the carnival folk' coat . I love the fabric!


Who do you sew for?

I sew for my two boys, age 2 and 4 and more recently started sewing for myself. I love the challenge of sewing for boys because you can't just jazz their clothes up with frills and lace. You have to look a bit further afield for inspiration but once you find it, and discover your boy style, it's really exciting.



Do you have favorites among the participants? Someone whose project you can't wait to see the next day?

I have so many favorites and the 'list' is never exhausted, in fact it gets added to every time KCWC takes place. When I come across something inspiring in the flickr pool, with a blog link attached, I'll always go check it out and I've stumbled upon some of my absolute favorite sewing blogs through KCWC.

So happy to have you here Sophie! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks for having me Petra, that is totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete