Monday, January 21, 2013

Carnival series with Beata from Arany-ló

With carnival season lurking I asked several ladies to share what their family  traditions are. Today it is Beáta Veszely from Arany-ló sharing what she will be up to this year and how she tries to bring old Hungarian tradition back with paper masks.

What do you and your family do for carnival?
In last years we had parties in our house, when all had to dress up. 


Do you all dress up, or just kids?

This year only the children will dress up. We will go to the school carnival and to the kindergarten carnival in Tihany. The kids will be Busós of course! You can read more about them in my post on EastOk Europe. They will try the new masks. They are very excited about it all.




 Any special foods?

At home I will make the traditional Hungarian fánk (a kind of donut), that we eat with the jam I made in summer. The Fánk is not the healthiest food, as it has to be deep fried, but it is very nice when fresh, the kids love it.

Thank you for sharing Beata!

Read posts from others in the series!
Find me on Eastok Europe, where I talk about Eastern European carnivals!


If you would like to participate in this series please give me a shout!

No comments:

Post a Comment