Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Messed up Submarine Pullover

A while ago I got this Shauna from Shwin & Shwin sent me the Submarine Pullover pattern to test. I did most of it, and the the whole family got down with the flu, bad one.
Here it is now...the patter calls for thinner fabric, but I wanted to try this out and used coat fabric instead. Great choice, since it is going to be steaming hot from now to eternity, they say. 
The pattern is for intermediate sewers, but I believe beginners can also tackle it without fear, maybe leave out the button holes (like I did, although button holes were never on my list of problems sewingwise). I also did something wrong with the hood so I had problems lining it up, and due to the thickness of the fabric it wasn't pleasant, but in the end I just decided to take it in and leave the placket outside the hood area. What I am trying to say is, there is always a way around things. Sometimes the solutions you find because you messed things up are the best ones and even though the garment might not be perfect it will make it unique:)


 I used daddy's shrunk sweater for the cuffs.


and cuffs of daddy's old polo shirt sleeves for the pockets and the rest of the shirt for the lining of the hood.



And now on the kid:


For a short while he tried to be a good sport.



 ENOUGH!


Linking to The Train to Crazy

3 comments:

  1. This turned out great! I have been braving it up and working with my mistakes too. (Usually I just give up once I make a mistake, and throw the project into an ever-growing 'to fix' pile). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The colors are great too . And that boy of yours is adorable. If you hadn't told us about you mistakes, we would have never noticed ;)

    ReplyDelete